Windows 10 – Zimbra Outlook Connector Installation
Applies to Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013
Are you having one of the following issues with Windows 10?
- “Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open window. The set of folders cannot be opened. An unexpected error has occurred. MAPI was unable to load the information service LSMSSP.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured.”
- Outlook cannot send email – Undeliverable message returned
- When you try to create an email profile in Outlook, it simply skips the part where you enter the server name and account details.
Follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Uninstall the Outlook Connector
Use Control Panel Programs and Features to Uninstall the older version of the Outlook Connector. Important: Restart your computer afterwards.
- Run an Office Repair
We found that the Windows 10 upgrade does not port Office entirely correctly. Use Control panel Programs and Features to “repair” Office. Again restart your computer afterwards.
- Install the version 18.104.22.1685 Outlook connector
Install the latest version of the connector. You can find the latest version here: (http://22.214.171.124/ZimbraConnectorOLK_126.96.36.1995.zip)
Important: Restart your computer before attempting to access the email profiles.
- Run SFC /scannow to enable Outlook to send emails
SFC /scannow is run from the command prompt in administrator mode. To run SFC/scannow:
- Right click the Microsoft flag on the task bar (usually bottom left) and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type SFC /scannow and press return.
- This program “fixes” Microsoft system files and is necessary to enable Outlook to send emails. It takes a while (about 15 minutes).
- Once it is finished Restart your computer.
- You should now be able to access old Zimbra email profiles in Control Panel and set up new ones without any errors.